Welcome to Shika’s College Lifestyle Blog! As I’m sure you already guessed, I’m Shika!
I started this blog in 2012 when I first started my undergraduate studies in Biology at the University of Florida. More than a couple of years later, here I am in Pharmacy School at Mercer University trying to obtain my Doctorate Degree.
Throughout my journey in school, I have changed a lot. I battled my way through disorderly eating behaviors, issues with my self-confidence and, finding who I truly am in this world.
I can’t say I’ve mastered all these areas in my journey but, what I can say is that I’ve grown and I’ve developed a passion for mental health (after battling periods of depressive moods in secret), a passion for fitness through my previous desires to be a skinny chick (no longer my goals), a passion for nutrition and health (after believing all the false information out there) and, a passion for personal development.
As I continue to grow, I hope to share my experiences and growth with you. I also want to share my knowledge so, we can all grow together. So, lets survive this thing called life, together. Click the follow button now and let’s grow!
I post new blogs every Monday and Wednesday! Click the tags or categories to find more blog posts relevant to fitness, mental health, inspirations, eating, or just listen ranting about my life or click the personal blog posts here to start binge-reading!
Thanks for reading my rant!
Read my latest posts here:
- Realize Your Self-Worth - Your friends see it. Your family sees it. Strangers see it. When are you going to see it? Your value, I mean. Your self-worth.
- Manifest Your Dreams - I used to think manifesting was all woo-woo until I learned what it was and how powerful of a tool it truly is. Manifest your dreams with these simple tips and move on your way to being successful in life.
- Eye-Opening Moments - It's the end of my P3 year in pharmacy school. Here's a reflection of my year and a few of my eye-opening moments.
- Fix Your Self-Care Routine - Self-care can be great but it can also be overwhelming. There are so many ways to self-care so if a spa day is not for you, don't fret. I know just the way for you to unwind with these 6 types of self-care.
- Or You Could Just Eat Lunch - Did it ever occur to you that you could just eat lunch? Without power walks, extra meetings, etc. You might just benefit from doing nothing while you eat.
Read Some of My Popular Posts
- Challenge Your Motivation
- You’re More Resilient Than You Think
- Get Out Of Your Head
- Don’t Not Fear Success
- Find Your Team
- Put Yourself First
- Depression and Anxiety in Graduate Students: Why Don’t We Do Something About It?
- Depression in Student Healthcare Professionals
- It’s Funny How Life Can Change in A Few Days Part 2
- Don’t Follow Everybody’s Study Tip
- Why You Should Start Your Day Whenever You Want
- I Started Listening To Podcasts Every day
- The Art Of Networking As A Shy Introvert
- Boost Your Credibility With Email Etiquette
Impressed by my writing? Need someone to write for your blog?
You can hire me to freelance for you! Find me on Upwork or email me. Click here to hire me as a freelance writer.