Welcome to Shika’s College Lifestyle Blog! As I’m sure you already guessed, I’m Shika!
I started this blog in 2012 when I first started my undergraduate studies in Biology at the University of Florida. More than a couple of years later, here I am in Pharmacy School at Mercer University trying to obtain my Doctorate Degree.
Throughout my journey in school, I have changed a lot. I battled my way through disorderly eating behaviors, issues with my self-confidence and, finding who I truly am in this world.
I can’t say I’ve mastered all these areas in my journey but, what I can say is that I’ve grown and I’ve developed a passion for mental health (after battling periods of depressive moods in secret), a passion for fitness through my previous desires to be a skinny chick (no longer my goals), a passion for nutrition and health (after believing all the false information out there) and, a passion for personal development.
As I continue to grow, I hope to share my experiences and growth with you. I also want to share my knowledge so, we can all grow together. So, lets survive this thing called life, together. Click the follow button now and let’s grow!
I post new blogs every Monday and Wednesday! Click the tags or categories to find more blog posts relevant to fitness, mental health, inspirations, eating, or just listen ranting about my life or click the personal blog posts here to start binge-reading!
Thanks for reading my rant!
Read my latest posts here:
- What Would Happen If You Stopped Discrediting Your Talents? - You have natural talents. Yes, you! You’re discrediting them right now by denying them. You have things that come naturally easy to you that may seem like nothing. But have you ever thought about embracing your talents? Find out why you need to stop discrediting your talents and how to do so here.
- It’s Time You Change the Story You Tell Yourself About Your Abilities - It’s time you change the story you tell yourself about your abilities. What do I mean? Stop telling yourself what you can and cannot do (mostly cannot do) all the time.
- What I Learned About Myself During My First Rotation - So, it's time for another pharmacy student reflection! Here's what I learned in my first APPE rotation as a P4 student.
- Why I Chose Patreon - This post is a little atypical. But it needs to be talked about. This is about my revelation about my money mindset and why I chose Patreon. This wasn't meant to turn into a personal development blog but here it is.
- The Secret to Becoming Mentally Tough - What's the secret to becoming mentally tough in life? Well, it's as simple as these 8 tips.
Read Some of My Popular Posts
- Challenge Your Motivation
- You’re More Resilient Than You Think
- Get Out Of Your Head
- Don’t Not Fear Success
- Find Your Team
- Put Yourself First
- Depression and Anxiety in Graduate Students: Why Don’t We Do Something About It?
- Depression in Student Healthcare Professionals
- It’s Funny How Life Can Change in A Few Days Part 2
- Don’t Follow Everybody’s Study Tip
- Why You Should Start Your Day Whenever You Want
- I Started Listening To Podcasts Every day
- The Art Of Networking As A Shy Introvert
- Boost Your Credibility With Email Etiquette
Impressed by my writing? Need someone to write for your blog?
You can hire me to freelance for you! Find me on Upwork or email me. Click here to hire me as a freelance writer.